Friday, March 27, 2020

I Gotta Say it Was a Good Day

What can I say, it was another great day.

Another random weekday day off, another day full of potential... sort of. Of course, Covid-19 is forcing everyone to change up their routines a bit and though my options were a lot more limited as far as potential activities goes, today that did not hinder me one bit. The weather played a big part in my positive mood and for the first time in ages I was able to do one of my most favorite warmer weather activities: [late] morning coffee on the porch.

"I'm staying. Finishing my coffee."

When the weather is warmer more consistently (didn't we have snow a few days ago??) that bush to the right of the rhododendron is a massive hydrangea that explodes with blossoms all spring/summer long. Aside from being pretty to look at, it gives me a little semblance of privacy as I sip my morning coffee(s) and enjoy the sunshine. Even though it's not at that point yet, it was still a pretty pleasant way to spend some time this morning. 

Also noteworthy is the fact that I made a little more effort to dress up today, for no other reason than to make myself feel better. That green bicycle button-down is one of my favorites. It's super cheeriness made it perfect for a bright sunny spring day. I also wore one of my favorite watches (check it here, though I have the smaller white-faced ladies version)- it's a little too nice to wear to work regularly (my job can often be physically demanding in a way that is... potentially dangerous for watches) so I broke it out today. 

I filled the rest of my morning with a little relaxing putzing around and sewing but in the afternoon, I absolutely had to take a walk. For about an hour and a half I walked along one of the rail trails in the area and by the end I was tired but definitely not disappointed. 


Such blue skies! This trail runs along the Assabet River and some other random ponds and things making for solid scenery. It's not a boring walk.


This is where I turned around and headed back to where I came from. The bike trail technically ends here but across the way is a dirt road you can continue your walk on, though it's not a good idea if you're trying to zone out and listen to podcasts because it's an actual road that cars occasionally drive on. I've never taken the left and gone into the Wildlife Refuge, but it's on our list for someday!
I shared the trail with a ton of bikers, walkers, skateboarders, and even rollerbladers.

Some other things that made today a great day:

-During my early evening porch session, the neighbor's cat came to either ignore me or stare at me, depending on, I assume, whether or not he (she?) thought I was paying attention.


-I somehow cobbled together a pretty good quarantine dinner with stuff I had hanging around: a shallot, jalapeño, half a jar of salsa, tomato paste, a chipotle in adobo, frozen roasted corn, garlic, and crumbled up extra firm tofu over rice, topped with cheddar, and served with tortilla chips. Highly recommended. You can call it a burrito bowl and pretend you did it on purpose. Also, if you're one of those people that get nervous about tofu, my fiancé didn't immediately know it was, in fact, tofu. There are no... texture issues here if that's what freaks you out.

-This porter from Founders Brewing Co., one of my all time favorites that I am enjoying as I type:
source
-THIS African black soap face mask, because I am fancy. And also because I have what they call "problem skin" sometimes but I prefer to focus on the fanciness.

Now, I'm about get some couch time with my fiancé and Doctor Who, a pretty good end to a pretty good day.


*Yeah, yeah I did take the blog title from Ice Cube.

2 comments:

  1. I've been feeding L these delicious vegetarian sausages for over a year - he has no idea they're not meat! I loved going on your walk with you! I have a glassed-in outside deck, but it's still too cold to sit out there. It's where I usually do my art, and I'm champing at the bit to get to that.

    Love your bike skirt! What a great pattern. Thanks for taking us on your walk - it looks amazing. That cat was totally scoping you out. You can tell by the ears bending towards you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My guy's favorite food is the kind he doesn't make himself so he'll eat anything but he's definitely a meat eater so I felt pretty good about the accidental trickery.
    Thanks! I love a literal print... and a good walk.
    Now that porch season is fast approaching (it got cold again already!), I'm sure I'll be making friends with my cat neighbor. :)

    ReplyDelete