Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Want: Tombstone pins, obviously

I've started Christmas shopping. This is partly because I know that if I wait too long to start planning, a panic meltdown is in my future (I'm a very conscientious gift giver, ok? It's freaking stressful, ok?), and partly because I am THAT person about Christmas.

This of course, is a bit of a double-edged sword. Is it good to be on top of things? Yes. Is it good that I'm looking for cool stuff on the internet a lot, especially when it shows me not things my mom likes BUT ALL THE THINGS THAT I LIKE ALL THE TIME? No, probably not.

Anywho, needless to say I found something I wanted to give to myself because it was funny and this, of course, totally veered my evening in an entirely different and non-Christmassy direction. This is it, I need this pin:

Find it here



And just like that, I found myself on an Internet Spiral that I only snapped out of after I realized it was dark and that I was cold and hungry. What a wild time it was. First, I started thinking about how awesome (ok, sure, awesome, that's the word, yeah) it would be to put something a little more interesting on my headstone. I feel like it'd be apt to have something like the above pin, though other contestants include variations thereof such as:
  • I guess that wasn't so bad
  • At least now I don't have to talk on the phone ever again
  • I have no idea what I'm doing here
  • I get to stay in bed forever now? This doesn't seem so bad.
This quickly led to a Google search of interesting tombstones which took a bulk of my time. Somehow from there I came full circle and went back to Etsy to check out tombstone pins. Below are my favorites to wrap up this strange post.

From here. A good epigraph if I pick up a little more confidence as I go.

From here.

From here. I feel like the flames are a nice touch. Think I could have my tombstone permanently set ablaze?

From here. Couldn't have a good ol' tombstone pin lineup without a showing from one of my favorite authors.

*I'm showing you these because I like them, not because someone asked me to. I do what I want, ok?!

1 comment: